Measuring and Reporting on Continuous Improvement in Sustainability & Progress to CN2030
Sustainability is one of the most used words in the discussion surrounding Australian agriculture. It's an era-defining topic that government, industry groups and private enterprises are all working hard to translate to practical actions.
Unprecedented scrutiny on agricultural production and evolving expectations of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) reporting have pushed sustainability to be one of the most powerful influencers of community trust and engagement, long-term business resilience and market access. Sustainability also presents unique opportunities.
Join Chair of the Australian Beef Sustainability Framework (ABSF), Mark Davie, to discuss:
- the role of the Framework in measuring and reporting on continuous improvement in sustainability,
- the value of transparency and solutions for industry to lead, and
- progress towards the Carbon Neutral by 2030 (CN2030) goal.
Wednesday 10th Aug 2022
7:00pm AEST (VIC/NSW/TAS/ACT/QLD) / 6:30pm ACST (SA/NT) / 5:00pm AWST (WA)
(AEST – Melbourne/Sydney/Hobart/Canberra time):
- 7:00pm AEST – VfCA Welcome & Acknowledgement
- 7:05pm AEST – Sustainability in the Australian Beef Supply Chain (Mark Davie)
- 7:45pm AEST – Q&A with speakers
About Mark Davie
Mark Davie is a Central Queensland Cattle producer and advocate for beef, the product and the production system. Mark is Chair of the Steering Committee for the Australian Beef Sustainability Framework, a Director of the Agforce Cattle Board and a food manufacturer and marketer for Keppel Brand and Cattlemen’s Beef. Mark was also a member of the land use change goal drafting group for the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef.
The views and opinions expressed by speakers at VfCA webinars do not necessarily reflect the views or position of VfCA or its members.