Instead of cards and gifts, perhaps ask loved ones to make a donation towards your fundraiser. Community fundraising is a great way to support our critical work on your special day.
Four Easy Steps to creating your own Facebook Fundraiser
1. GO TO FACEBOOK
2. SET YOUR GOAL AND DEADLINE
You can set your goal for your campaign and the deadline.
3. TELL YOUR STORY
Facebook Fundraiser will provide a prefilled message and title for your fundraiser campaign but you can customise it to send a more personal message to your family and friends if you wish.
4. SELECT IMAGE AND CREATE!
You can upload your own custom image, or leave it as is. Now all you need to do is click on Create! Your campaign is now active for you to share!
Five Easy Steps to creating your own GoFundMe Fundraiser
1. GO TO GOFUNDME
Go to https://au.gofundme.com/start/charity-fundraising. In the search box, type in "Vet".
2. SELECT CHARITY
In the ‘Start a GoFundMe for a Charity’ pop-up, you can select Vets for Climate Action as your charity by typing in Vets in the search box. Vets for Climate Action will appear as Veterinarians for Climate Action Ltd.
3. SET YOUR GOAL AND DEADLINE
You can now set your goal for your campaign and the deadline.
4. SELECT IMAGE AND TELL YOUR STORY
Your 'Tell your story' pop-up has a prefilled message but you can customise it to send a more personal message to your family and friends if you wish.
Now all you need to do is click on 'Create!' Your campaign is now active for you to share!
Hosting an event?
Six easy steps to help you fundraise!
1. Shape your event idea.
2. Read our Fundraising Terms & Conditions.
3. Submit an Application to Fundraise for your offline activity
4. Let us know how your fundraising is going. We love to hear from our fundraisers. Send your photos and stories to [email protected] We are always looking for inspirational stories to feature in our newsletter and on our website*.
5. Request a remittance advice and deposit the funds raised.
6. Sit back and relax knowing that you've just made a real contribution to protecting our animals from ongoing climate change.
* We'll always ask your permission before using your name or any of your photos in our publications. Our dedicated staff will guide you through the process, provide you with tools to make things easier, and be there to cheer you on.