Applications for this role have now closed.
Are you a multi-skilled professional with a love of animals and a deep concern about climate change? Could you lead an organisation to deliver a Strategic Plan for maximum impact on climate change, while ensuring financial stability and growth? Are you happy to roll up your sleeves and get things done, whilst equally comfortable delegating effectively to staff members and volunteers?
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Strategic planning and growth - refining, implementing and, when necessary, revising the Strategic Plan; designing strategies that create change and balance short-term opportunities with the long-term objectives of VfCA, in consultation with the Board.
- Fundraising - developing and executing VfCA’s fundraising strategy; managing existing donor relationships; developing new major donor relationships and creating new funding avenues to ensure the ongoing financial security and growth of the organisation.
- Managing staff and volunteers - managing a diverse group of staff working remotely across Australia; maintaining high performance and a positive working culture from the staff team; engaging effectively with volunteers.
- Executing projects, campaigns and communications - guiding and assisting staff and volunteers to execute projects and campaigns, such as our Climate Care Program and our advocacy work, including external communications such as press releases and email blasts to our 1500 members.
- Leading and managing a non-profit - managing the organisation competently with a view to growing our organisation, its scale and impact; raising and allocating resources efficiently in line with the strategic plan; ensuring the organisation complies with all relevant laws and regulations and working with our book-keeper to produce financial statements and manage annual audits.
A position description is attached.
We value diverse experiences and perspectives to strengthen our team, strategies, and movement. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, people from culturally, racially and gender diverse backgrounds, parents and carers from all types of families, and people living anywhere in Australia. We offer some flexibility in working hours to fit your family, cultural and community commitments.
If you have any questions, contact Alix Foster Vander Elst, CEO at [email protected] using the subject line: Chief Executive Officer - Remote / Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
|Download Job Description PDF||Download VfCA Strategic Plan PDF|