Community Engagement Manager - Flexible Location
We're hiring a Community Engagement Manager to:
- Provide guidance, support and coordination for our volunteers,
- Implement our Rural & Regional Engagement Program (see the attached job description for more details).
In a typical week, you could find yourself:
- Attending a volunteer team meeting and looking for opportunities of how the organisation can support their plans and upcoming activities
- Having a phone conversation with a volunteer team leader to help them induct a new volunteer into their team
- Organising an event in a rural community for vets and vet nurses to discuss what climate commitments they want from their local politicians
- Meeting with your mentor to discuss how the plans to grow our volunteer numbers are progressing and to troubleshoot any challenges
- Designing training materials to help volunteers up-skill
- Dreaming big about how to make VfCA the best place for anyone in the veterinary community to have an impact on climate change
- Helping out a colleague with a project they’re working on (this is a small organisation and we all pitch in!)
No previous experience working in community engagement or the not-for-profit sector is required — although of course it’s great if you do bring this! You will be given formal training and regular personal coaching in community organising from an expert mentor at one of our partner organisations.
If you have any questions, contact Alix Foster Vander Elst, CEO at [email protected], using the subject line: Community Engagement Manager - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
|Download Job Description PDF
|Download VfCA Strategic Plan PDF