Programs Lead - Flexible Location
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting permanent full time role within the organisation that drives the veterinary community to raise funds, attend events, correspond with MPs, and support the VfCA operations. Sitting in the Programs team, your core responsibilities would be to:
- Recruit, support, inspire and coordinate our volunteer teams,
- Ensure impactful attendance at events and conferences; and
- Support the growth of VfCA’s Climate Care & Rural and Regional Programs.
In a typical week, you could find yourself:
- Attending a volunteer team meeting and looking for opportunities of how VfCA can support their plans and upcoming activities
- Having a phone conversation with a prospective volunteer and sharing information about volunteer opportunities available
- Organising a speaker for an industry event in a capital city, ensuring the speaker has all of the information required to successfully attend on VfCA’s behalf
- Coordinating the enrolment and onboarding of a new Climate Care Program champion onto our Learning Management System
- Meeting with your mentor to discuss how the plans to grow our volunteer numbers are progressing and to troubleshoot any challenges
- Designing training materials to help volunteers up-skill
- Dreaming big about how to make VfCA the best place for anyone in the veterinary community to have an impact on climate change
- Helping out a colleague with a project they’re working on (this is a small organisation and we all pitch in!)
- A “people-person”: You have excellent people and relationship building skills. A willingness to get ‘out and about’ and engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Goal-focused: You’re able to set goals, plan how to work towards them and achieve them.
- Planning and Organising - You have strong organisational skills and can plan, organise and deliver tasks and projects to deadlines. You always ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Communication: You have excellent written and oral communication skills and you’re able to adapt your communication styles to best suit different individuals and audiences.
- Initiative: You can work autonomously, demonstrate initiative and problem solve. You’re able to understand VfCA’s Strategic Plan and see opportunities to achieve it.
- Curiosity. You’re curious in your approach and enjoy learning about new technical expertise (such as community engagement principles), concepts (such as campaign strategy) and communities (such as the veterinary community or climate change movement).
- Digital Literacy and Data Management: You have a good level of general digital literacy (we use a variety of digital platforms), a fast learner who can quickly learn and implement a variety of online community engagement tools.
- Leadership. You enjoy leading and inspiring others to achieve goals.
- Passion: You have a genuine passion for climate action and desire to work with the veterinary community.
No previous experience working in community engagement or the not-for-profit sector is required — although of course it’s great if you do bring this! You will be given on-the-job training and regular personal coaching in community organising from an expert mentor at one of our partner organisations.
To submit your application, please visit Ethical Jobs here. Applications close 5pm, 19 April 2023
If you have any questions, contact Steff Golding, COO at [email protected], using the subject line: Programs Lead - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
|Download Position Description PDF||Download VfCA Strategic Plan PDF|