Veterinarians for Climate Action Ltd (ABN 16 636 944 191) (collectively referred to as VfCA, us, we, or our) is the exclusive owner of the Climate Care Program (the Program) and has the sole and exclusive right to exploit the Program throughout the world, including Australia.
The Climate Care Program is an online, self-directed 12-month professional development course which empowers vet teams to implement changes to improve environmental sustainability. Created by vets, vet nurses and educators for veterinary teams, participants will learn about key aspects of sustainability in veterinary practice, and practical steps to make improvements to conserve precious natural resources and reduce pollution with the goal of mitigating climate change.
Please read these Subscription Terms and Conditions (Terms) carefully, and contact us on [email protected] if you have any questions, requests for information, or complaints.
VfCA will always comply with Australian Consumer Law. VfCA is a company limited by guarantee registered in Queensland, Australia. This Agreement is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the governing law of Queensland.
We may vary these Terms or impose new Terms relating to the Program at any time. Notification of the changes will be communicated by email as they occur and updated on the website.
Who can subscribe?
- Subscription to the Program is open to all veterinary practices (for their employees) located within Australia.
- There are no course or subject prerequisites for entry into the Program. However, the Program is intended for people over the age of 18, with experience in the veterinary profession or animal care community.
Pricing, Payment, and Program Accessibility
All pricing for Subscriptions excludes GST unless otherwise specified.
All dollar amounts shown and transactions are in Australian dollars (AUD).
Access to the Program requires payment of a Subscription Fee, by either:
- A one-off fee (Annual Subscription Fee) per practice; or
- A monthly fee for twelve (12) months per practice (Monthly Subscription Fee)
- We consider a practice to be a business operating in one location or business site (subscribing practice).
- Subscription Fees do not apply to identified practices participating in the preliminary launch of the Program (the preliminary launch cohort). Practices are considered part of this cohort for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of commencement of the preliminary launch. Practices in the preliminary launch cohort wishing to continue to access the Program past the twelves (12) months will be required to pay the Subscription Fee.
- On payment of the Annual Subscription Fee, VfCA will provide the subscribing practice(s) with access to the Program from the date of registration into Tribal Habits Learning Management System.
- Monthly Subscription fees shall be paid to VfCA monthly in advance. On receipt of the first payment from the subscribing practice, VfCA will provide access to the Program. Access will continue provided the Monthly Subscription Fee is received by us in advance each month.
- The subscribing practice accepts that a Subscription Fee is required to be paid in full even if the course remains incomplete.
- Subscribing practices are responsible for ensuring their credit card details and bank account details are correct.
- If a payment of a Subscription Fee fails, we will reattempt payment three (3) times before contacting you to rectify. In such circumstances your Subscription will continue for a grace period of fourteen (14) days after which time we may cancel your Subscription.
Discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Not valid with any other offer/gift voucher/coupon code;
- The coupon code must be entered at the time of enrolment/course commencement; discount cannot be applied at a later date; and
Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
The Program will be delivered online using the Tribal Habits Learning Management System (Tribal Habits LMS).
To participate in the Program, you will need a computer (desktop PC/laptop) running a current/updated operating system with reliable high-speed internet access.
- VfCA will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Program. If problems arise with the Program that are within our control, we will use our best endeavours to take action within twenty-four (24) hours of being notified where notification occurs on the regular business days of Monday to Friday.
- In circumstances where the Tribal Habits LMS platform is experiencing technical difficulties, you acknowledge that this is outside VfCA’s control and does not constitute a breach of these Terms. We will notify and work with the Tribal Habits LMS service team to ensure they remedy any issues as soon as possible.
- Participation in the Program is based on the enrolment of one person (Climate Champion) per subscribing practice. The Climate Champion is the person who will be undertaking the Program and will be the primary contact for information regarding the Program.
- Any contact regarding payments related to the subscription of the practice will be directed to the authorising person nominated on the registration form.
- Upon payment of the Subscription Fee, the Climate Champion will be enrolled in the Tribal Habits LMS. The Program is designed to be able to report and track progress per clinic and as such there will only be one login/user profile per practice to access the Program.
- The Climate Champion agrees to keep their login and password safe and will not provide it to any third party.
- The Program is self-directed and comprises a ‘learning pathway’ incorporating an introductory module followed by sequential content-based modules.
- To progress from one module to the next, the Climate Champion is required to meet certain minimum engagement criteria as outlined in the Program.
- While the design of the Program permits different levels of engagement and is self-directed, it is anticipated that each module will take approximately two (2) months to complete, and the full Program has been designed to take approximately 12 months to complete.
- Each module will be released sequentially upon completion and assessment (by VfCA) of the previous module.
- Climate Champions can return to previously completed modules e.g. to refer back to earlier tasks or information during the 12 month Program.
- We will provide the Climate Champion with access to a help desk to provide assistance with the use of the Program upon commencement of the Program;
- Climate Champions are encouraged to interact with other subscribing practice’s Climate Champions via the online Climate Care Champions Group on Facebook. This is entirely voluntary and failure to join the Climate Care Champions Group will not affect access or completion of the Program in any way. Once the Program has been completed we encourage Climate Champions to remain in the FB Group to join our Alumni.
- You acknowledge that, whilst VfCA will be acting as the monitor and administrator of the Climate Care Champions Group, we are not responsible for the Facebook frameworks, data processing and/or terms & conditions of access.
- On completion of the Program, both the Climate Champion and practice will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- The Climate Champion may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points. More information is available here.
Cancellation and suspension
- VfCA complies with Australian Consumer Law regarding refunds. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about your enrollment in the Program.
- Where evidence can be successfully provided to support extenuating circumstances, course fees may be refunded partially or in full if the enrolment is cancelled prior to the commencement of the Program and resources have not yet been provided.
No refund will be provided after the Program has commenced and the Program content has been accessed.
- With our approval, you may apply to suspend your Subscription which can be suspended for a maximum of 90 days in a single suspension.
Any subscription fees collected will remain in your account to put towards future activities under the subscription once the subscription is reactivated. We will recommence your subscription and payment schedule after the agreed suspension time.
Your subscription will then have a renewed end date in line with the suspension time approved. For suspensions please contact [email protected].
Redirections and suspension may take up to five (5) working days to process.
- To cancel participation in the Program, please email our team: [email protected] with the words “Cancel Participation” in the subject line. Please provide evidence detailing the reasons the enrolment is being cancelled.
Subscription fees are refundable for cancellations provided the cancellation is made in writing to VfCA at [email protected] prior to the commencement of the Program, and prior to accessing the Program content on Tribal Habits.
- If you cancel your subscription before the end of the initial 12 month subscription period, the cancellation will become effective only once all payments due up to the notice period are received.
VfCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a Subscription without liability immediately:
- if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions;
- if we are no longer able to deliver the program; or
- for any other reasons subject to 5 days prior notice.
- In the event that we are unable to deliver the Program for any reason we may refund you the Subscription fees for any remaining modules. We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by you.
- Whilst we may refund you the Subscription fees for any remaining modules. We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by you.
- Cancellation of your subscription may take up to five (5) business days to be processed. This time will not affect the required cancellation notice.
- Upon receipt of a cancellation request from the participating practice,, we will deactivate the account within 5 business days.
- Cancellations will incur an administrative fee of $150 (Cancellation fee).
- If you fail to complete the Program, we will not refund the subscription fee.
- You may substitute your place in the Program with another employee at the participating practice at no charge by contacting [email protected]
VfCA may cancel your subscription should any of the following events occur:
- Payment of the Monthly or Annual Subscription Fee is not made
- You breach any of the Terms identified in this entire document, particularly those relating to Privacy, and Confidentiality, Copyright and Intellectual Property;
- The subscribing practice is sold; or
The subscribing practice is merged with any other entity.
- In the event that your subscription is cancelled due to any of the above events, a Cancellation fee of $150 may be payable.
- This agreement will automatically renew at the end of the Subscription Period unless either party provides written notice at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the relevant Subscription period. The subscribing practice can provide written notification to [email protected]. In practice, this means the Annual Subscription Fee will be automatically charged every twelve (12) months from the date of initial registration and the Monthly Registration will renew every month from the initial date of registration unless we are notified otherwise.
- VfCA collects your personal information and may disclose the information to any other persons/ entities who assist with providing this subscription service. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our program and impact and to contact you in the future in regard to our other organisational events, products or services.
VfCA will never rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others.
The information collected through the Program registration process (such as your name, email address and contact number) is for the purposes of processing your enrolment, creating and maintaining participation records.
You consent to VfCA sending you emails and/or SMS communications informing you about VfCA’s work and the Climate Care Program. You can unsubscribe by contacting us on [email protected] or visiting www.vfca.org.au/unsubscribe at any time.
- User feedback and data entered by Climate Champions into the Tribal Habits LMS will be de-identified when used for research and marketing purposes by VfCA. These may include but are not limited to journal publications, social media, promotional materials and reports.
Confidentiality, Copyright and Intellectual Property
The content of the online Program, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of VfCA. You may not reproduce any part of the online Program Materials or associated support materials without the prior written consent of VfCA.
You further agree that you will not at any time during or after your subscription expires dispute or contest VfCA’s ownership of the Program, its trade marks, artworks or other material, or the intellectual property rights.
- You also agree to maintain in confidence all confidential information and ensure that such information is kept confidential other than to professional advisers or unless required by law.
Disclaimer and Liability
The Climate Care Program has been developed conscientiously and in good faith. It is however presented as an assessment of the sector as a whole and is updated at set intervals only.
- The information provided throughout the Program is of a general educational nature. VfCA and the Program provide no representation or warranty that the Program's activities and interventions will satisfy the needs of every practice. You should make your own enquiries as to the options best suited to your business, as there may be more suitable choices available in the market that respond to your specific needs.
- VfCA takes no responsibility for the outcomes of decisions made by individual practices based on the information provided in the Program.
Should VfCA breach any conditions or any applicable law, then the subscribing practice’s remedy is limited to;
- The re-supply of the Program; or
Refund of the Program’s Subscription Fee
VfCA collaborates with a number of commercial partners and business sponsors who support our work and the Program's goals. Some of their products/services are discussed in the Program. The Program's creators have investigated these and all other referenced products/services, and have determined all of them to be compatible with the Program's ethos of empowering a climate-conscious sector.
- Uptake of any referenced options is in no way compulsory, and has no bearing on participants' completion of the Program.
Acceptance of Terms
By completing the Program registration form, you accept these Terms and agree to be bound by these Terms, including any policies referenced in these Terms.