Are you a veterinarian, veterinary nurse, veterinary technician, senior veterinary student, veterinary educator, or currently working in the veterinary sector?
Do you have clinical experience?
Are you passionate about helping to drive positive change across the veterinary sector?
We are seeking volunteer members for the Climate Care Program Advisory Committee to advise to the ongoing development and promotion of the Climate Care Program.
VfCA's Climate Care Program (CCP) is a self-paced, online education experience empowering vet teams to take the lead on environmental sustainability and help bring a halt to climate change. Created by vets and vet nurses for busy veterinary teams, the Climate Care Program is designed to generate realistic and impactful change.
About the role
As a Committee Member you may be asked to:
- Recommend improvements to the Climate Care Program content
- Recommend additional modules to the Climate Care Program
- Assist in identifying gaps, barriers, strengths and opportunities to advance the Climate Care Program
- Develop relevant materials for the Climate Care Program
- Provide feedback on effective sales and marketing to the veterinary profession and animal care community of the CCP
- Promote the CCP to networks and potential participants
- Speak, present or engage with the veterinary profession and animal care community about the CCP at industry events
Support VfCA staff with other activities from time to time, for example:
- engaging with and answering questions from CCP participants or those who have expressed an interest in the CCP;
- conducting calls to interested practices;
- assisting the Programs Lead to manage VfCA volunteers’ attendance at industry events to promote CCP
You'll be supported by VfCA staff and our Committee Chair and have an opportunity to meet with like-minded colleagues every 6 - 8 weeks (online)
Does this sound like you?
If you would like to apply, please send an email to [email protected] answering the following questions by no later than 5pm on Friday, 25 August 2023 EXTENDED TO 28 August!
- Why are you interested in volunteering with VfCA?
- What most excites you about this role?
- Tell us about a project, event or initiative you have managed or led in your workplace.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email CCP Advisory Committee Chair Jeremy Watson on [email protected]